Popular Posts

Aug 31, 2017

Sunny and 75..AMAZING Day!




Don and I grew up in Chester County, PA.  A gorgeous area of South-eastern PA, parts of which closely resemble J.R.R. Tolkien's Shire.  One of my most favorite places in the world is located here: Longwood Gardens.  It's over 1,000 acres of botanical loveliness, established by Pierre S. duPont in the early-1900's.


My family visited the gardens several times during my childhood and adolescence, but it was the times I visited in my adult years that I truly came to appreciate it.  And, boy, have I missed it over these last several years that we lived in New York state.  Our last visit was autumn of 2011....until yesterday, that is!



Since our return to PA back in May, I've been talking about my desire to spend a day at Longwood, but I wanted to share the experience with someone special.  Finally, both of my girls and my mother-in-law were available...and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!



What a welcome break from....well, EVERYTHING!  While our lives are a little less chaotic than they have been, there remains a degree of dissonance and stress...I'm quite sure you know what I mean, right?!  Even though we know we will be closing on our construction loan in approximately one more week, knowing that we have 9 more weeks in the campers feels a bit overwhelming.

Grace is doing well in her new job (she's a server in an Italian restaurant), as am I in mine...but coordinating transportation and finding time to get other important things accomplished is a challenge.  Plus, we've started our homeschool year.

We've also been experiencing some automobile troubles.  Grrr.  And, some days I can't help but worry about the health and well-being of some family members, even when I've already prayed about it...given it to God...more than once!

Most of you have been there, too, at one point or another, I'm willing to bet.




Anyway, yesterday, I could just enjoy the beauty of Longwood and the company of my loved ones.

So, I must've taken about 45 pictures....putting this awesome camera, a special gift from my hubby and kids, to very good use!  I already shared a few on Facebook, but I wanted to share my most favorite ones right here.  Enjoy, Friends!







These fountains just got an upgrade...they've been totally refurbished over the last two years - magnificent!

We caught the 1pm show, in which the fountains are choreographed to classical music in a 12-minute orchestration.


















Exhausted and thoroughly satisfied, we ended our day by meeting Don and his dad for dinner in Thorndale, PA at Coppa 82, an Italian restaurant that we frequented back in our youth.

I hope my mother-in-law and my girls enjoyed the day as much as I did!


If you ever happen to be in South-eastern, PA, especially during the summer and fall, don't miss Longwood Gardens!




2 comments: