Popular Posts

Mar 27, 2017

Pull Up Your Pants, And Pull Down Your Helmet...

...It's gonna be a wild ride!  (This sentiment from my precious Grace, whose timely wit and ornery sarcasm keeps me on my toes!)




That about sums up the next 5 or 6 weeks, Folks.  As of this moment, we believe our settlement date will be April 21, however, we cannot write that in ink just yet...the buyer's bank is taking its good ole' time getting things together.




Our bank's appraisal on the property we are purchasing is coming up in a few days, too.  We don't anticipate any problems, but please keep that in your prayers.




Undoubtedly, there will be situations and such that we did not anticipate over the course of the next month, but I do have a sense of peace knowing that God is with us....and, in fact, has gone before us to prepare the way.




That said, I am sure it will be an emotional month for this woman.  Many changes to come.




People and places to which I will say good-bye...the happy reunion with dear friends and family whom I've missed terribly on many occasions these last four and half years.


Leaving one son behind in New York to start his new career and a life apart from his parents and siblings (I'm relieved that we've connected with a great church family for him!) ....reuniting with the other son, who moved back to south-eastern PA on his own nearly 2 years ago...

...And, now there is a sweet young woman in his life whom I am very excited to get to know. Since Don has been living with Nate these last 4 months, he has gotten to reconnect with him AND spend some time with her, and I am a bit envious!

At any rate, I'm so very proud of the good-hearted, hard-working, honest men they have become!



I am really going to miss several families and young couples whom we've gotten to know up here. And,  Rosie's English tutor, who has become invaluable to us for her knowledge, her conversation, and her friendship, will be greatly missed by both Rosie and me, however, we are working on a way for her to tutor Rosie via Skype or something for the rest of this school year.

Which reminds me...I need to re-acquaint myself with home school law in PA, because it is quite different from NY! We'll take off  from school for about a week during the move, but the beauty of homeschooling is that we will barely miss a beat...so long as we don't misplace our materials in the shuffle!

Only 2 more weeks of working at the salon in Ithaca.  On the one hand, I am thrilled about this because I have begun to loath the 27-mile drive I have to make to and from the salon, four or five days per week.  On the other hand, I've grown fond of the young ladies with whom I work, and I will miss seeing them.  Regis Corp. owns a few salons near our new home, so we're working on a transfer.  The salon at which I will most likely work is only 7.5 miles from our new home...and, they are fine with me only working 3 days per week - Yay!  Now, we're just waiting on PA's board of cosmetology to approve my license application.

He's 10 months old this weekend!

As we enter the month of April later this week, the snow is finally disappearing, and clearer skies are just around the corner.

This weekend, William is moving into his new home, a little cottage near Skaneateles, just a few miles from his workplace.  But, I'm counting on him joining us for dinner several days a week until we move.


I'm relieved to report that a few days ago, he purchased a newer, much more reliable car that will allow him to make the three and half hour journey to see us regularly.

 I'm quite sure we'll come up here to see him several times this summer and fall as well!

And, we bring home our new pup, Penny, this Sunday!  A very welcome distraction from our moving preparations.  I'll share many pictures in my post next week, for sure!

If you are curious about what we're up to, check for blog posts more regularly this month.  I will try to update you more often as this "wild ride" unfolds!  
(And, now, back to packing...I think I'm gonna need more boxes...)

Tig turns 3 years old this Friday!

2 comments:

  1. So much going on! God has it all it his hands, Jen! Prayers for all the details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Friend! So excited to catch up with you very soon. I'm a tad envious that Don has gotten to see you several times these last few months.
      And, when I come to see you, I gotta visit BB's and stock up!

      Delete