Popular Posts

Jan 16, 2018

Living in a Construction Zone...

Handmade basket by my talented dear friend,
Andrea Rowinski!
........Is better than living in the camper!  Amen! 

...Is muddy!  And, a bit frustrating.  And, a serious test of patience.

I LOVE my new, adorable abode.  Even more so, now that we have set about sprucing it up and making it "homey".

Finding some pretty ceramic pots "on clearance" last weekend, we re-potted several house plants - always makes me feel better this time of the year!



Unfortunately, the weather, sickness within our family, other time commitments....did I mention this weird weather?...has thwarted our plans to both do the grade-work around the outside of the house, including the driveway/parking area, AND start the girls' bedrooms on the second floor.  While my girls are generally patient individuals (more patient than me, usually, anyway!),  they have been expressing some frustration - they've been waiting to have their own rooms for a few years now.



Don and I cannot truly empathize with them, since we both always had our own bedrooms, him being the only boy and oldest in his family, and me having only one younger sister.





In our family of four children, Grace and Rosie have shared a bedroom since Rosie's birth.  They have a great relationship, and each considers the other her best friend, in spite of...or, maybe, because of ...their quite different temperaments and preferences.  And, I believe they are much more prepared for future roommates and sharing space with others than I was when I went off to college.



That said, about 3 or 4 years ago, they began anticipating the day that both of their brothers would move out so that they could spread out and have their own space.  Space to quietly meditate and create, space to express their individual style, space to share with close girlfriends individually.




Pretty new pot!



We hoped to be able to make that happen in January.  But, here we are, in the middle of the month already, and we haven't even been able to start.  Ugh.  This also means that much of our belongings are still in our storage unit...including my three favorite pieces of artwork and my farmhouse-style china cabinet, as well as all of the girls bedroom furniture.


Today, it is snowing, but it sounds like our weather might cooperate for moving forward this weekend.  I sure hope so!  Would love to get out of this holding pattern!






One of the most challenging things about working in the salon industry, for me, at least, is working weekends. It means I often don't get to participate in this part of the progress. So, here's hoping Don and the girls, with Nate's help, will be able to work with what we've got this weekend.  Here's hoping it doesn't rain or snow, again!  


Our other beautiful find!







We definitely have our work cut out for us - Nate and Brook have expressed interest in having a country-themed wedding, outdoors...on our little farm! 


And, they'd like to have it in September of 2018!  Yikes!  That'll keep our farm renovations moving, eh?








Our recent visitors

Satine and Tilly with soft, fuzzy winter coats





Grace completed her high school requirements in December, so we've graduated her from the Westbrook Academy of Home Education on December 30th!  She is my third graduate.  Woohoo!  Such an intelligent young woman, wise beyond her years, full of creativity and wit.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for her next!



For the moment, she continues to work at Esposito's restaurant and explore her many interests.  Wisely, she doesn't want to rush into college too quickly wasting time and money.  She's doing her research, asking questions, praying, and being deliberate about her next adventure.  And, Hallelujah!, she passed her driver's exam recently, therefore...



...Her graduate gift from us, this yellow VW beetle, is like a little ray of sunshine sitting in our driveway!  Isn't it adorable?


Since it is manual transmission and Grace is still getting comfortable with that, I get to drive it around some days - LOVE IT! 😍

 I really don't need a big ole' "mom" car anymore, do I?  Heck!  My youngest, most strong-willed and determined child plans to have her license and a job by mid-May this year, sooo...

...Maybe my next car will be a VW beetle, too??  Hmmm...




In less than four weeks, Grace and I traverse to Guatemala with a team from our church, Timberline.  As a church family, we adopted an impoverished village.  Our church is working in conjunction with World Help ministries.

While we are going to serve others and equip others and build relationships, I am sure God has so much to teach me through this adventure.  I am praying that Christ will meet me (and Grace Olivia!)  where I'm at spiritually, emotionally, physically...wandering heart, distracted as I can be, lately...and grow my faith and my character as a woman of God.



Stay warm, dry, and safe these next 36 hours, Friends!  Sip your hot cocoa and watch the snow gently fall from your cozy home.  That's where I'll be!  Probably making lasagna, too.  

I'll post an update in a couple weeks...

1 comment:

  1. God knows just what we need to keep our eyes on Him! He (and we) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete