Popular Posts

Apr 26, 2018

It's "Git 'R Done!" Week

So, Don and I are both rather prone to distraction, I admit.  And, sometimes a bit of procrastination.
The biggest difference is that Don works best under pressure, and we discussed...no, agreed!...that much of the excavating, and both of the girls' bedrooms need to be completed by the first weekend in May.
That's only...8 or so days away! Yikes!

I am confident that Don and Nate can do it...IF...they can just stay focused!  This is definitely a challenge with all that's been going on around here, but not impossible.

In fact, here are some photos of the progress:


















That's the excavation work so far.  It's going pretty well!  Won't be long before we can plant grass, thank goodness.  All of us are SO TIRED of the plethora of mud and dirt...that we and our pets track into our cars and house!

In this last photo, I am standing where the detached garage will eventually sit, looking towards where our deck will stand, hopefully by next summer!





And, inside....









Steadily, the second floor is taking shape.  Don overzealous in his promises, first told the girls their rooms would be ready by February 1st.

At the time he was still employed by a Coatesville, PA-based company and driving an hour each morning and evening, not leaving much time or energy for this home improvement project.

Then, it was "early-March"...and then "mid-April"...OYE!  

But, this week and next he purposely scheduled time to work at home in the afternoons, though he still has his own business appointments and whatnot nearly every morning.







In other news, I took engagement photos for Nate and Brook last weekend.


Only 5 months...20 weeks...to go!  Yikes!











Our fun photo shoot, at the pretty park less than two miles from us, where we often walk our dogs, went quite well for this amateur photographer.

We picked the right time of day, thus the lighting was fabulous.




Out of about 40 shots, 14, or so, produced splendid photos, ha, ha, ha!  Not terrible odds for an amateur, though.

Well, anyway, good enough that a friend of ours from church (who is also planning a wedding on the smaller, more practical side) asked me to photograph her wedding this June.  In exchange, she, an incredibly creative woman of many talents, offered to help in any way needed with Nate and Brook's wedding!  I'm definitely taking her up on that offer!  I took a page out of Don's book on that one, with the old "barter and trade" technique.



And, finally...

Remember that adorable, young female cat that took up residence in our barn on Rosie's
birthday?



Well, I guess we delayed a bit too long to have her spayed...because she's definitely been bred!  I can feel the kittens growing inside of her now.

We are thinking she has about two weeks to go.

Part of me is super-excited because I ADORE kittens.  The other part is stressing out about keeping mama and babies safe, as well as finding good homes for the sweet little ones.  Although a few acquaintances have already come forward...including my soon-to-be daughter-in-law and son, providing they find a rental that allows it.  We shall see...







Watch for my next blog post - the one that will feature those completed bedrooms, I hope.  A bit about my "Mary Poppins" choreography adventure.... And, maybe, a few more wedding details?





3 comments:

  1. I know the girls will be very happy to have their own spaces again! The grading looks good around the house! You've come so far since the end of last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer...
    My wife and I may be interested in two of the kittens !! We lost both our boys in Dec. and January. ;( They were 14 and siblings. We want to do the same thing again ....get two boys that are brothers. The timing may be right...and having kittens from 'home' would have a symbolic meaning for me. I'll be in touch.
    Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She's so petite that I don't think she'll have more than three. We'll definitely keep in touch with you on that!

      Delete