Popular Posts

Aug 3, 2018






I debated whether or not to write a post this week...I've been feeling pretty...BLAH, lately. 

I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and she diagnosed me with TMJ.  Here, I just thought I had an ear infection or sinus infection of some sort.  Or even some kind of virus because I'd been having pain all down my neck and even my arms.  The fatigue has been very challenging.


But, she says its TMJ and prescribed anti-inflammatory pills...which I promptly stopped taking after experiencing some nasty nausea...and told me to "rest my jaws".  Ummm, I talk...ALOT...in my profession. 

Plus, I love to eat; especially crunchy things!

To complicate matters, she also added a hormone pill to further address the PMDD... and my body is taking some time to adjust - Oye!!




So, I made an appointment at the Spine and Wellness Center.  My first therapeutic massage helped quite a bit.  Going for another next week, then probably a couple of session of acupuncture.  I'm hopeful that this treatment will work well for me, along with getting back into regular yoga practice. 

And let's not forget the dietary adjustments!  Yes, I am working on eating healthier - way less sugar, less caffeine, no dairy, no gluten.  Lots of water.  I have developed a taste for fish in recent months, too.  Salmon, mahi-mahi, opah....

Next week, I have the opportunity to take a mini-retreat.  A couple days by myself down at the bay.  I can rest my jaw, rest my body, rest my mind.  Peace.  Quiet.





Then, I gotta hunker down and get prepped - I am teaching two writing classes at our homeschool co-op this year!  When I agreed to do two classes, I was thinking I would only get about 6-7 students per class, like I had last year for my literature class.  However, at this point I have.....TWELVE...students in EACH class!


That's 12 middle schoolers in one, 12 high schoolers in the other.  Better bring my A-game!


Grace is doing superbly in her current higher education program!  She has straight A's on her weekly exam and her attendance is perfect.  She loves it.  She is now able to take clients at her school, and I got to be her first.  A delightful 60-minute facial.  The public can make appointments for services, too, so she also had a few additional clients this week.  She's very good! 

Contact us if you are interested in an appointment.  She must do at least 30 facials before her graduation!





The puppies are doing well.  Growing like weeds, of course.  Tig and Penny have accepted them into their "pack" after only a few days of grouchiness.


On the homefront, Grace is moving into her bedroom this weekend, for certain, and Rosie will be just a couple weeks later, by the end of August for sure. 

Woohoo! 

Then, I can transform the 2nd downstairs bedroom into my respite space.  For decompressing, and, apparently, grading many essays this school year!




Much to our surprise (not really!), when William informed his employers that he would be leaving to move back to PA in just a few more weeks, they decided to "let him go" immediately.  Oye!

So, Will moved down here this weekend.  No worries.  Don really needs another guy for his business, and he'd rather have his sons working with him than anyone else, so Will doesn't even need to job hunt.  He is already moved in with his brother, as well!

That's really all for now, Folks.  Hopefully, my next post will include the kids...baby goats, that is!  Just about two weeks until that fun happens!











Closing with one more adorable puppy pic:



Catch up with ya'll after my downtime at the bay!






1 comment:

  1. We loved meeting Quigley!

    I’m sorry about the TMJ. Praying the massages and rest will help!

    ReplyDelete