Popular Posts

May 10, 2017

The Pioneer Spirit...Or something like that...

Definitely a new level of adventure for me!

Both settlements went off without a hitch...well, we did witness our attorney "exchange harsh words" with our buyer's attorney over another ridiculous fee that the buyer's bank wanted us to cover.  I do appreciate that he went to bat for us, and we didn't have to pay it.

We did have to wrestle our 600-pound obstinate colt onto the trailer...But, at least the weather was pleasant for travelling once we got south of Binghamton.

I have never been so happy to see this sign...


I literally cried and laughed with relief...And that was about the same moment my sweet puppy vomited!  Geesh!  Tig has always been such a good traveler, right from the day we brought him home.  Unfortunately, every car ride longer than 10 minutes, thus far, Penny gets queasy and subsequently deposits the contents of her stomach on my car floor...this time it was the moving van floor!






My father-in-law and Nate towed the campers up to our property, and our dear friends, the Smoker Family, surprised us with a delicious meal.  What a huge help!  And the Lord provides!




Unfortunately, because of our late arrival and the even later arrival of our 2nd camper, we spent our first night and most of the next day with no heat, no electricity, no running water...Pioneer style.  What the heck was I thinking when I agreed to this whole plan?  


And, ironically, it was the coldest night they've had in south-eastern, PA for weeks...a low of 34 degrees!  Brrr....  Don made an early morning coffee run for us - we all needed something to thaw out our frozen hands, feet and noses!




I've been enjoying the warm PA sunshine, though! Between organizing our belongings in the campers and barn, walking the horses, and grocery shopping, I've been soaking up the rays!



Our showers are working now, but last evening some sweet friends who live less than 10 miles from us, invited us to shower at their home.  The Lord provides again...and again and again! Amen!


Before...

After 2 days of unloading....




This late-1980's camper reminds me so much of my grandparents trailer from my childhood. Such fond memories of that time in my life. I love it!
(Clearly, the previous owners did as well, because it is in terrific condition.)

Rosie did a super job cleaning out the barn - it already looks like a whole new place!








Today, we set up a temporary paddock for the horses (with fencing donated by one of Don's best friends!), until we're ready to have the permanent pasture fencing installed.






There are no two ways about it - we are 100% committed, now!  Committed to make this little farmette the best it can be...committed to make it a warm, inviting home for all.  We have so many people to thank for their help in getting us this far.  Since I'm writing this post at the laundromat, however, I will wrap it up with a few more of my favorite pictures...

"Would somebody please play with me?"


The Westbrook Compound

Watch for another update next week - Hopefully, we'll have internet at the property by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment